Through studying, we are able to gather new information and learn new things. It is important that a student studies well so that he could get the most out of his education. When a student studies better, he can have a better future ahead. Nonetheless, there are instances when there are hurdles and obstacles that a student needs to overcome in order to learn the things he must learn. A student should know how he can study better and smarter, instead of harder.
The place for studying affects your efficiency in studying.
• The study place you need to choose is one that is available to you each time that you need it. If you share the place with someone else, set a schedule when you can both use the area effectively.
• The place must also be free from distractions. An hour of distraction-free study is always better than four hours study filled with interruptions. Mobile phone should be turned off or muted. If you are using a computer, make sure that you also turn the chat feature off, unless you use IM to communicate with a study group. You should not check e-mails while studying.
• The place should have every necessary material for studying. The materials you would need are references, paper and school supplies. Make sure that all these things are at hand where you choose to study.
• Your study place also needs to have a table or desk where you can spread out all the things needed for studying. The desk should also give you adequate space for writing. Try to be organized on your desk. Along with the desk is a comfortable chair. The chair should not make you fidget or feel stiff while sitting and studying. Do not choose a chair that is too comfortable it will make you want to sleep.
• The study area must also have adequate lighting.